Mt. Pleasant Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experienced Attorney Serving Clients in Central Michigan
For any legal concerns you may encounter, it's important to work with an experienced attorney you can trust. For more than 28 years, attorney James D. Veldhuis has been providing knowledgeable and honest advice to clients in Central Michigan.
When you bring your legal matters to our office, we will take the time to truly listen to your concerns and to fully understand your situation. You will receive personal attention from an experienced lawyer.
Contact our offices today for a free initial telephone consultation.
Handling A Wide Range of Legal Issues
Because of our extensive experience, we are able to effectively represent individuals and families across a variety of practice areas:
- Criminal defense: We provide skilled criminal defense representation for people accused of a variety of crimes, including sex crimes, drug offenses, DUI, theft, underage drinking, as well as other misdemeanor and felony offenses.
- Family law: We effectively handle all family law matters, including divorce, property division, child custody, child support, paternity, adoption, post-divorce modification, domestic violence and other issues.
- Civil litigation: We have extensive experience representing clients in the courtroom and at the negotiating table, allowing our firm to effectively handle contract disputes, debt collections, personal injury claims, and other civil litigation matters.
- Estate planning and administration: We prepare wills, trusts, powers of attorney, living wills, and other estate planning documents to effectuate our clients' wishes. We also represent clients in estate administration and succession matters, including probate litigation and will contests.
- Real estate: We negotiate real estate transactions, prepare buy-sell agreements, and handle real estate litigation for both residential and commercial real estate properties.
- Tribal law: We represent members of the Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe and other Michigan residents in tribal courts.
Our Experienced Mt. Pleasant Lawyer Can Help
Whether you are facing drunk driving charges, or you need help with a child custody dispute, or other legal matter, we can help. Having an experienced attorney behind you can provide comfort and peace of mind. Contact our offices to discuss your legal concerns with attorney James D. Veldhuis. We offer convenient hours and a free initial telephone consultation.