Central Michigan Criminal Defense Lawyer
A felony conviction could permanently change an individual's life. It is important to hire a criminal law attorney who understands the gravity of the situation and who will advocate for your rights. Mt. Pleasant criminal law attorney, James D. Veldhuis, has more than 28 years of legal experience and vigorously defends clients facing these severe allegations. He provides honest advice, respectful representation, and personal attention to each client. Contact our office today for a free initial telephone consultation.
Felony Criminal Defense
Having an experienced attorney standing behind you can relieve many burdens when facing criminal charges. We are experienced in defending a variety of felony charges, such as:
- Criminal sexual conduct (CSC): including rape, statutory rape, sexual assault, and other felony sex crimes.
- Homicide: including attempted murder, murder, manslaughter, vehicular homicide, negligent homicide, and other felony homicide allegations.
- Assault: including aggravated assault, alcohol related bar fights, assault with a deadly weapon, and other felony assault charges.
- Larceny: including embezzlement, breaking and entering, burglary, robbery, and other felony theft allegations.
- Drug offenses: including drug manufacture, drug trafficking, and other felony drug crimes.
Michigan Felony Defense Representation
An important aspect of defending against felony charges is minimization. As an experienced criminal defense law office, we understand that individuals facing felony charges are exposed to a considerable amount of negative press. We work to minimize our clients' exposure to the press and the damaging effects it can cause. In addition, we strive to minimize the harsh potential sentences our clients face.
We Can Help
Through our years of experience, we have learned that many felony charges arise out of a misunderstanding or involve extenuating circumstances. We consider our client's history, cooperation with counseling, and other factors that aid in negotiating a favorable agreement with the prosecutor so that the individual's future is preserved. For experienced representation, contact our Central Michigan criminal defense lawyer today. We offer a free initial telephone consultation and emergency services.